Do you buy houses that need a lot of repair?2019-05-08T16:44:37-07:00

I buy everything: From houses that need A LOT of work, to houses that need a couple minor touch-ups! We create value through real estate by purchasing homes in disrepair or foreclosure, fixing them up, and selling them.

What is a “cash offer?”2019-05-08T17:17:33-07:00

A cash offer is a very simple and quick way to buy and sell a house. I have enough money to buy your house outright, eliminating the need for a loan.  This makes the escrow process quick and simple.

Do I have to take your offer?2019-05-08T17:17:43-07:00

Not at all! My offers are always no-obligation.

How long does it take for you to give me an offer?2019-05-08T17:17:49-07:00

I love spending all my cash, so I’ll give you an offer as soon as possible.  My team works very fast and it typically takes us less than one week to inspect your property and give you an offer.

Are you going to list my house? Or do you actually buy it?2019-05-08T16:47:25-07:00

I am the one buying your house, then my team will help me revamp it and make it look pretty and new!  I don’t like the hassle of listing any more than you do. Which is why I will buy your house and pay cash for it, both of us get to avoid hefty commission and assignment fees!

When you buy “as is” what does that mean?2019-05-08T17:00:15-07:00

“As is” means I will buy your house exactly the way that it is.  You don’t have to pay for any repairs, or clean-up. Simply pack up what you want to take with you, and my team will take care of everything else!

How do you determine the value of my house?2019-05-08T17:11:49-07:00

I have a very good team of local experts.  We have experience buying and selling in your neighborhood, we have extensive knowledge of all aspects of the process.  When one of my team comes to your house they will assess the condition of the property, the repairs needed, location, and value of the sales nearby in the same neighborhood.  Pooling all of these aspects together we carefully decide on a fair no-obligation cash offer.

Can I sell my house if I have tenants living there?2019-05-08T17:12:38-07:00

Yes! I have a great team who are experts at dealing with tenants and evictions.  We will handle the whole process so you don’t have to.

What does an escrow company do?2019-05-08T17:13:00-07:00

An escrow company is a neutral third party that facilitates and mediates large financial transactions.  In regards to real estate, escrow companies protect buyers and sellers and make sure that both receive funds and agreed upon terms. When I buy your house, escrow will make sure that the money I pay goes to pay off all the outstanding bills with the house, and then whatever is left over goes straight to you.

What is title insurance? Why do I need it?2019-05-08T17:13:36-07:00

Title insurance is a policy that protects and verifies the ownership of the home.  As a seller, it is good to have title insurance to prove the validity of ownership to our team.  Also, if anything has been missed, or there’s something wrong with the title, the insurance will cover the cost of legal damages.

How long does closing take for a standard sale?2019-05-08T17:14:07-07:00

A standard sale can close as short as 3 days, however, most are between 5-10 days.

When you buy “as is” what does that mean?2019-05-08T17:14:35-07:00

“As is” means I will buy your house exactly the way that it is.  You don’t have to pay for any repairs, or clean-up. Simply pack up what you want to take with you, and my team will take care of everything else!

What is a formal home inspection?2019-05-08T17:15:15-07:00

A formal home inspection is done by a licensed professional.  According to Washington State law, an appraiser must obtain a license in order to practice within the state.  It is not an appraisal, it’s a simple evaluation for the buyer and the seller to learn about any issues with the home.

What’s the difference between Buck and a realtor?2019-05-08T17:15:44-07:00

I am very different from a realtor.  Most importantly, I will buy your home with cash and without any fees.

A realtor is not going to buy your home, they will help you list your home to show to potential buyers, and they will charge you a fee to list your home.  Realtors also recommend fixing up the house, cleaning and possibly staging.  All additional costs that you much pay before you list your home.

What if my house has foundation problems?2019-05-08T17:16:05-07:00

If your house has foundation problems we will assess the extent of the problems when one of my team members comes out to inspect the property.  No two houses are the same, so depending on the extent of the issue, we will most likely still love to buy it!

Will you buy my house if the roof is leaking?2019-05-08T17:16:30-07:00

Leaking roofs are not a problem for us! We will evaluate the extent of the damage when a team member comes to assess the property.

What is a Probate?2020-05-19T17:18:13-07:00

A probate is a legal process that comes to the forefront in the wake of someone’s death. A person is designated by the court to sell or transfer a deceased person’s belongings, pay off their bills, manage tax issues, distribute the remaining assets according to the person’s will, and then properly close the probate. If there is no will, you distribute the assets according to Washington’s default law on distribution to heirs. Seems simple, right? Kind of, but in return for that simplicity, the person who is appointed needs to carefully follow the law, including sending out the appropriate notices to the other people interested in the estate so they can defend their rights if needed. Washington courts do not normally supervise the administrator of the estate. The administrator is on his or her own. But failing to follow the rules can get you in trouble and can sometimes be costly.

Who is an Agent?2020-05-19T17:19:50-07:00

Your “agent” is the person you name in your power of attorney to manage your financial and/or health care matters. Under Washington law, this person can also be referred to as your “attorney-in-fact.”

What Is an Attestation?2020-05-19T17:21:31-07:00

A will is valid if it is signed by the testator and two witnesses. However, before it can be admitted to probate, the witnesses must appear in court to provide testimony regarding the will signing ceremony. In the alternative, the petitioner can present the court with a document, in which the two witnesses swear or declare (i.e., “attest”) that they were present when the testator signed the will, they signed as witnesses in front of the testator, the testator wanted them to be his/her witnesses, the testator understood that this was his/her will, and that the testator appeared to be of sound mind. The attestation of the two witnesses can be either (1) notarized, or (2) can be in the form of a valid declaration.

Who Is Your Attorney-In-Fact?2020-05-19T17:25:32-07:00

Your “attorney-in-fact” is the person you name in your power of attorney to manage your financial and/or health care matters. Under Washington law, this person can also be referred to as your “agent.”

Who Are Beneficiaries?2020-05-19T17:26:33-07:00

If you have a will or trust, the people whom you name to inherit under these documents are described as beneficiaries. These may or may not be your “heirs,” who are the family members who would inherit under Washington’s default law on inheritance (see “Heirs”).

What’s a Bond?2020-05-19T17:30:10-07:00

For probates, a bond is a type of insurance policy whereby a bonding company guarantees that if the personal representative is liable for any wrongful act, the bonding company will pay the harmed party up to the bond amount.

What is Codicil?2020-05-19T17:32:06-07:00

An amendment to a person’s will is called a codicil. A codicil must meet all the requirements of an ordinary will, including being signed by the testator and witnessed by two people. To admit a codicil to probate, the court will require a proper attestation by the witnesses, as the court does with a will.

What is Community Property?2020-05-19T17:33:33-07:00

Washington law generally defines community property as those assets that you and your spouse acquired during your marriage regardless of how the asset is titled. Separate property is defined as property that you acquired prior to the marriage, and property that you inherited or that was gifted to you even if the gift or inheritance was acquired during the marriage.

What is a Community Property Agreement?2020-05-19T17:34:21-07:00

A typical community property agreement is a document whereby you and your spouse agree on three basic principles: (1) that all assets that you currently have are community property, (2) all assets that you accumulate in the future will be considered community property, and (3) upon the death of the first spouse, all such community property will immediately vest in the surviving spouse. This is commonly used to make the transfer and acquisition of assets easier on the surviving spouse when the first spouse dies.

What’s a Declaration?2020-05-19T17:38:31-07:00

A declaration is an unsworn statement that has the same validity under Washington law as a sworn statement. To be a valid replacement for a sworn statement, however, the written statement or declaration must include language certifying the declarant’s understanding that the declaration is made under penalty of perjury under the laws of the state of Washington, that the contents of the document are true and correct, and recite the date and location that the document was signed by the declarant. A declaration is often used in Washington instead of a sworn statement, in which a notary would be needed.

What’s a Disclaimer?2020-05-19T17:39:24-07:00

A disclaimer is a written document in which someone rejects all or part of an inheritance. This document must be signed within nine months to be effective.

What’s a Guardian?2020-05-19T17:40:34-07:00

A guardian is a person appointed by the court to manage the financial and/or healthcare affairs of a person who lacks the capacity to manage his or her own affairs. The court can select a person or a professional guardianship company to serve in this role, although often it is a close relative or friend who is acquainted with the incapacitated person and willing to take on this responsibility.

What’s a Guardian ad litem?2020-05-19T17:41:48-07:00

A guardian ad litem is a person selected by the court to investigate issues on behalf of a child or incapacitated adult. If a probate is started in Washington, the court is required to appoint a guardian ad litem to look after the interests of any heir or beneficiary who is under the age of 18 or who is otherwise incapacitated.

What are General Bequests?2020-05-19T17:42:52-07:00

A general bequest is a gift that must be paid out of the general assets of the estate. For example, a gift of $5,000 to a charity or a family member is a general bequest.

What’s a Health Care Directive? (Living Will)2020-05-19T17:44:21-07:00

A health care directive informs doctors and your family regarding your preferences and directions for the administration and withdrawal of life-sustaining medical treatment in the event you have a terminal illness and you cannot speak for yourself or if you are in a permanent unconscious condition. These documents can vary in complexity, and can also include special directions for how you want to be treated if you are ever diagnosed with a mental health condition such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.

Who Are Heirs?2020-05-19T17:45:30-07:00

The heirs of an estate are those individuals who are entitled to inherit your estate if you have no will. In such cases, Washington law describes how your estate should be distributed. For instance, under this law, your spouse would inherit all community property, and your separate property would be split between your spouse and children. If you have no children (and parents living), your spouse would inherit all separate property too. If you have no spouse, your children would inherit your entire estate. If you have no spouse or children, your parents would inherit your estate. This law goes on and on until there are no more descendants of your grandparents left to inherit your estate. Only then would your estate pass to the State of Washington, which is known as “escheating” to the state.

What is Inventory?2020-05-19T17:46:20-07:00

An inventory is a list of assets that the decedent left behind with each item valued as of the date of death. Washington law requires the inventory to be separated by (1) real property, (2) stocks and bonds, (3) mortgages, notes and other written evidence of indebtedness owed to the decedent, (4) bank accounts and money, (5) furniture and household goods, and (6) all other personal property. If there are any mortgages or encumbrances on any of the property, that should be listed too.

What is a Letters Testamentary?2020-05-19T17:47:19-07:00

When a person is appointed by the court to serve as personal representative, the clerk will issue that person Letters Testamentary. This is a one-page document that can be used by the personal representative as proof that he or she has been appointed by the court and has the power to administer the estate.

What Are Nonintervention Powers?2020-05-19T17:48:13-07:00

These powers allow your personal representative to manage your estate without having to seek court permission to do simple tasks, such as selling assets, paying bills or distributing assets to beneficiaries. It is the key to Washington’s efficient probate system. Without it, your personal representative would need to file pleadings and ask permission from the court before performing basic tasks of estate administration.

Go to Top